Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter of the draw is Carrigaline Rugby Football Club and Athletics Partnership CLG (hereinafter referred to as “the Promoter”). Members of the Board of the Promoter will organise and oversee the draw.
2. The purpose of the draw is to raise funds for the benefit of and development of lands for sporting purposes at Kilnagleary, Carrigaline, Co. Cork for use by Carrigaline Rugby Football Club, Carrigaline Athletics Club and other community organisations. The Promoter of the draw shall not derive any personal profit from the draw.
3. The Lottery Licence for this draw was granted at Cork City District Court on the 28th of July 2023.
(a) The draw is open to persons aged 18 years or older. Any draw tickets purchased by persons under the age of 18 years shall be declared null and void and shall not be included or deemed to be included in the draw.
Any such draw ticket entered into the draw in error or otherwise or drawn will be declared invalid and another draw ticket will be drawn in its place.
(b) Tickets may be purchased by an adult in trust as a gift for someone else. If that other person is under 18 years the adult who purchased the ticket shall be deemed to be the winner if the ticket is drawn. The Promoter shall have no responsibility to or obligation to such other person.
(c) Evidence of identity and proof that a person is over the age of 18 will be required before a prize will be awarded. Acceptable evidence of identity and age would include a current valid passport or driver’s licence.
(d) By purchasing a draw ticket, the draw ticket purchaser is confirming their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions of purchase. Only those persons who have purchased a draw ticket(s) are eligible to participate in the draw.
(e) Any dispute in relation to the construction or application of the provisions and conditions applicable to the draw shall be determined by an independent arbitrator to be nominated by the Promoter.
5. Each ticket shall be entitled to one entry into the draw. The cost of an individual draw ticket is €25.00. Three tickets can be purchased together as one transaction at a price of €65.00. Five tickets can be purchased together as one transaction at a price of €100.00.
6. There is no limit to the number of draw tickets a person can purchase.
7. The maximum number of draw tickets available is 20,000.
8. Once purchased no refunds will be issued except in the event of the cancellation of the draw.
9. Purchasers shall receive a confirmation of purchase and a ticket number within 72 hours of purchasing their ticket, which confirms their inclusion in the draw. Should any error or failure occur in the processing of payment subsequent to the issuing of the ticket number, the purchaser shall be contacted by e-mail or other means to advise if the transaction has been voided.
10. The Promoter, its officers, Carrigaline Rugby Football Club and Carrigaline Athletics Club, their servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members, sub-committee members or other organisers of the draw accept no responsibility whatsoever whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception or communication failure or otherwise, for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries to the draw. No responsibility can be accepted for entries or payments not received for whatever reason.
11. Ticket holders are at all times bound by the terms and conditions as published on the site www.winanewcampervan.ie and your purchase of a ticket will be acceptance of an obligation that you must check this page frequently to ensure you are aware of changes which will be immediately binding once posted. These Terms and Conditions as updated from time to time contain all of the Terms which the parties have agreed and supercede all other prior terms and conditions, understandings, arrangements or agreements, whether verbal or written, in relation to the draw.
12. It is the sole responsibility of each person who purchases a ticket to provide correct, accurate, complete and adequate contact details. The Promoter shall not be required to verify them. The Promoter has no responsibility for incorrect inaccurate, incomplete or inadequate contact details or in respect of inactive email or SMS accounts.
(a) The prize is a Sunlight A72 camper van. The Promoter has contracted with Pat Horan Motors Ltd. (the supplier) to supply the camper van the value of which is estimated as being €86,500. The promoter reserves the right to change supplier. Specification and features of the camper van are available on the website www.winanewcampervan.ie The winner may elect to take a cash sum alternative of €70,000 instead of the camper van which said election must be made by the winner within 14 days of the notification to the winner of the draw being made.
(b) The camper van will be available for collection by the winner as agreed with the Promoter and the supplier at a venue to be determined by the Promoter. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any cost associated with the collection of the vehicle.
(c) The camper van will be registered in the Republic of Ireland at the winner’s expense. The Promoter shall not be responsible for procuring the registration of the vehicle or for insuring it which shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
(d) The Promoter gives no warranty and shall have no responsibility for the state, condition, repair or construction of the camper van which are the sole responsibility of the supplier. Pictures used are stock photographs and for promotional purposes only.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to add additional prizes to the draw. The addition of such prizes will be notified, as soon as is practicable, on www.winanewcampervan.ie
(a) Draw tickets are sold in Ireland subject to Irish law and any regulatory provisions applicable in place in Ireland. The draw shall be conducted in accordance with and subject to the terms and conditions of the lottery licence granted by the District Court. Provided that it is permitted to do so in another jurisdiction, tickets can be bought by participants from or in other jurisdictions.
(b) The total value of the prizes in the lottery to be sold shall not be more than €360,000.
(c) Not more than 25% of the total proceeds shall be retained by the Promoter and utilised for the expenses of promotion including commission. Any free entry for the lottery shall be deemed to be a payment of commission.
(d) Not more than 75% of the total proceeds shall be allocated to prizes and not less than 25% shall be allocated to a charitable or philanthropic purpose.
(a) The draw is fixed to take place on the 25th of May 2024.
(b) The draw will be held at a place and time to be confirmed on www.winanewcampervan.ie
(c) All ticket purchasers shall be entitled to attend and witness the draw.
(d) The draw may be held on an earlier or later date at the discretion of the Promoter. An extension of up to 60 days later than the above date may be substituted without cause, but it is intended to have the winner drawn and the camper van awarded to the winner by no later than the end of June 2024. The draw will be held before the first anniversary of the District Court application granting the Lottery Licence.
(e) The operation of the draw, its implementation, any verification processes and the selection of the winning ticket on the draw date shall be independently observed and scrutinised by an independent adjudicator.
17. The winner of the camper van in the draw will be notified by phone call on the evening of the draw. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner, they will be notified by text, email, letter or other appropriate means at the Promoter’s option to be issued within 14 days of the draw date and such winner shall be nominated by the Promoter as the owner of the camper van for the purpose of the Vehicle Registration Authorities once compliance with all conditions has been confirmed.
18. To claim and secure the prize, the prize-winner must accept the prize by phone call, text, email, letter or other appropriate means within 14 days of the draw date.
(a) Should the draw not take place for any reason, force-majeure or otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to re-schedule or cancel the draw in its entirety. In the event of cancellation, a maximum amount of 80% of the value of draw ticket(s) purchased will be refunded to the draw ticket purchaser.
(b) The cancellation of or any amendment to the draw or to these terms and conditions of purchase will be notified to the draw ticket purchaser as soon as practicable in respect thereof by publishing a notice in this regard on www.winanewcampervan.ie
20. If a prize-winner cannot be contacted via one of the above means of communication or does not claim their prize within 14 days of the notification of same, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the prize-winner and select a replacement prize-winner.
21. The Promoter, Carrigaline Rugby Football Club, Carrigaline Athletics Club, their officers, servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members, sub-committee members or the organisers of the draw shall not in any circumstances be liable for any inconvenience or loss suffered due to any issues or delays in the collection/delivery of the camper van and the winner accepts that once awarded by the Promoter as provided for in clause 17 above, the Promoter shall have no further or other responsibility or liability to the winner save for supply of the camper van.
22. The prize-winner may be subject to verification to include proof of identification and address by the Promoter and their agents.
23. The identity and location (town, county or country, as appropriate) of the winner shall be publicised on/after the draw has taken place. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and images that may be taken at the prize-giving/hand-over or otherwise, in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used in accordance with The Data Protection Acts and GDPR.
24. For the purposes of data protection legislation:
The Promoter will retain and use the draw ticket purchaser’s personal data for the duration of the draw and a reasonable period thereafter;
On purchasing a draw ticket, the draw ticket purchaser agrees to the use of their details being used in connection with the draw. Personal data of will not be disclosed to a third party without the draw
ticket purchaser’s consent;
The prize-winner hereby agrees and consents to the use of their personal data and/or image being released in publicity material in conjunction with the draw;
The prize winner also agrees and consents to their personal data being released to relevant third parties to effect the transfer of the camper van to the prize winner.